In the past, companies had to use the electricity/gas company that their service area had to use. The incumbent energy company handled your energy generation, transmission and distribution. The incumbent energy provider had a monopoly in their service area. Since then, we have seen state legislatures and the PUC in various states deregulate energy. Deregulation gives companies and residents the ability to choose their electricity company. We now have the choice of choosing our energy supplier, type of energy plan, and energy contract term. Companies that make the right energy decisions have decreased their energy cost and taken full advantage of energy deregulation in their area. To find out if your company is located in a deregulated electricity or gas zip code, please give us a call at 972-369-4584
Transmission and Distribution (Regulated)
As we mentioned in the above paragraph, companies can choose their energy provider in deregulated areas. In some states, companies have the option of choosing between 20 plus energy suppliers. However, the transmission and distribution of the energy is still regulated. This is the actual delivery of the electricity or gas through the poles, wires and pipelines by your local utility company. The utility company in your area is responsible for any power outages, wires/poles issues, emergencies, etc. The PUC regulates the transmission and distribution for safety and reliability.
Advantages of Energy Deregulation
- Energy suppliers and providers now compete for your business
- You choose your energy supplier, type of plan, and term length
- Customers that plan right have capitalized on the savings of deregulation
- Creation of energy brokers/consultants to help companies maximize their savings
- Still have the reliability of the regulated transmission and distribution of the energy
Why Use Nationwide New Energy
- We receive bids from up to 25 energy suppliers on your behalf
- Market analyst who analyze your account individually to ensure the best plan for you
- We negotiate with energy companies to ensure the lowest possible rate
- We watch the market constantly and are able to lock in rates when the market dips
We are your independent and unbiased advocate, always focused on the best interests of your company.